Monday, May 11, 2009

Caribbean Dance: World Dance

World Dance is another dance created legendary Jamaican dancer Bogle. The dance looks gooffy but is really fun to do, and once you got the move down its an easy but cool dance to know. World famous dance hall artist Beenie Man sang the song and the video features Bogle doing the dance in an Jamaican neighborhood.

I decided to share this dance with you guys because this was my first favorite dance hall dance. I remember watching the music video for the dance and mimicking what I saw. My maid would critique me until I could do just like Bogle did in the video. The dance was popular for three years straight. There were teachers at my prep school that even knew the dance(yea, it was that popular.

The dance is easy to learn, just watch the video and focus on the movements of the legs and the arms. Once you got that down all you got to do is learn the rhythm of the dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment