Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Caribbean Dance: No Linga

The dancehall dance, No Linga, looks to be the next hott dancehall dance, and could eventually taker over the Willy bounce's reign as the most generic dancehall dance style. The dance was created by Jamaican dancer/artiste, Ova-Marz,of the Ravers Clavers dance crew, which is the biggest and most respected dance grew in Jamaica. Members of Ravers Clavers are students of dance king Bogle.
Elephant Man making a song for No Linga gave it a stamp of approval in the dancehall scenne. Elephant Man has done videos for classics like Willie Bounce, Scobby Doo, and "rude boys'" favorite Gully Crepper.




I was introduced to the dance in December 2008 by my cousin-in-law in Toronto, while we were talking about new dancehall dances. I have yet to master it, so I will not be in this instructional video. However I have embedded the a video of Ova Marz doing the dance, linked the music video for the song by Elephant Man, plus an instructional video I found of YouTube(I wanted to embed this one but the option was disabled on the site)

No comments:

Post a Comment